HOW TO GET A MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD IN NEW YORK
- Patients must first have a certification from their physician, who must be registered with the Department.
- Certified patients will submit their application for registration using the Department’s online system that is accessed through NY.gov. Patients who do not have a NY.gov account will need to visit https://my.ny.gov/and click the “Don’t have an Account?” button to create a personal NY.gov ID first. Patients with a NY.gov account will login to https://my.ny.gov/, click the “Health Applications” icon, and then click the “Medical Marijuana Data Management System” link to register.
- There is a $50 application fee pursuant to Public Health Law § 3363(2)(f). This fee will be billed to you at a later date, unless you obtain a waiver for financial hardship.
- Patients will be required to provide proof of their identity and residency during the application process. Click here for additional information regarding required documentation.
- Patients may designate up to two caregivers during the registration process. After the patient’s application is approved, the designated caregiver(s) must then register with the Department.
- Patient registration expires when the certification that was issued by the practitioner expires.
- The registry ID card will be mailed to the certified patient after the application is approved.
- Patients must have the registry ID card and their certification in order to purchase approved medical marijuana products, as recommended by their certifying physician, from a registered organization’s dispensing facility.
- Patients must always carry their registry ID card whenever they possess approved medical marijuana products.
- No one may transport medical marijuana products outside of New York State.
- New York State does not accept certifications or registry ID cards from other states.
- A certified patient or designated caregiver who has been issued a registry ID card shall notify the Medical Marijuana Program of any change in his or her name, address, or if he or she no longer has the serious condition noted on the card within ten (10) business days of such change.
Initial Consultation: $150
Follow-up Appointments: $150
New York Department of Health Phone 1-866-811-7957
Email: New York Medical Cannabis Program: New York Medical Cannabis Program
Our staff is dedicating to provide quality service to all patients. We are available to answer your questions via email or phone. Contact us today!